Pumpkin soup with ginger powder and roasted seeds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 mid-size onions, chopped
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 450 gr. of carrots, peeled and chopped
- 450 gr. of pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 500 ml of chicken broth
- salt, at will
- pepper, at will
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 150 g.r. yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of thyme
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- ½ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion, garlic, carrots, pumpkin, potato, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Quench with the chicken broth, lower the heat and add salt, pepper, and ginger powder.
Stir, cover with a lid, and cook for about 30 minutes until the ingredients are soft enough.
In a small pan, lightly roast the pumpkin seeds and set them aside.
In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, honey, thyme, and freshly ground pepper and set aside.
Once the vegetables are ready, remove the pot from the heat and mash the contents of the pot with a hand blender until you get a velvety soup.
Divide into bowls, add a spoonful of yogurt mixture, sprinkle with parsley and a few roasted pumpkin seeds, and serve accompanied by croutons.